Provide our customers with an efficient professional cleaning service as per their specifications to include secure cleans/searches if requested. Abide to the relevant airport policies and our own company policies and procedures. Health and Safety Policies, Ramp Awareness and Operational excellence will play a key part in this role. Project a smart ,able attitude to our customers through, thorough work practices and excellent customer service.
- Carry out delegated cleaning tasks to a high standard using approved cleaning materials and equipment
- Clean aircrafts, offices and associated work
- Carry out secure cleans
- Report any visible vehicle faults to your supervisor/duty manager with your team vehicle
- Report any health and safety matters that give you concern to your supervisor / duty manage
- Preparation of stores and vehicles prior / between / after to carrying out cleans
- Maintain the Cleanliness of vehicles inside and out ensuring we are perceived to be the best and efficient cleaning company
- Unit cleanliness, our units must be kept to the standard our customers expect on their aircraft/offices
- Carry out any other duties connected to our contracts to ensure our customers receive a high–class product
- Comply with the company policies and procedures ensuring they are adhered to at all times
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
The individual for this role should have good communication skills and the ability to deal with customers and staff in a positive and motivational manner. They will need the ability to react quickly to given situations, using innovative, creative solutions, and not be afraid of becoming one of the team if the situation demands it. All our staff are expected to be flexible in their duties and their rosters due to the ever-changing nature of our business.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Previous experience working in an aviation, cleaning, ground handling or similar industry is desired
- Good working knowledge of Aviation Operations
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift.
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full driving license
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
This role is dependent upon the successful candidate being able to obtain and hold a full airside pass.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fuelling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.
To apply for this job please visit www.swissport.com.